Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (tclederman, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
132
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 | Need to convert a WC T-5 Tranny from a Electro speedometer to analog speedometer. Can this be done?
Thanks in advance
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 93 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 93 | Jeremy: I would check on inliners.org
They have extensive write-ups on T-5 conversions. I think they also cover your issue. Alternatively, there is an add on device to handle this, but it is a bit pricey from what I remember.
I hope this is helpful. Regards, STeve New Orleans | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 | Sclor, I read the T-5 the easy way but, i don't have a S-10 tail to swap. I might have to purchase the adapter or the cheaper route would be to purchase a NWC which has the Analog Speedometer.
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats | | Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 | you have to change the tail housing, or use an electric to mechanical drive which is $300. however the new gauges these days are cheep for electronic input.
The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 | Scott, I would like to use the old face in my gauge. Would the new electronic gauge work with my current setup?
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 40 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 40 | Just curious, what year is your t-5 and what engine are you mounting it to ? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 45 | Rick, I think it's out of a F@#D 1986-87 Mustang/Capri 5.0. It's bolted up to a 1984 SBC.
Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | 37ChevyPickup, check out the custom gauges offered by SpeedHut.comhttp://www.speedhut.com/ They are in SLC.
I had them make some custom gauges for my 57' BelAir and they did a great job. I know they make 5" gauge units too. Reasonably priced for what I got.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats | | Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 | if its a ford unit, I thought they changed to electric speedo's in 91, where GM changed in 89. Did you use a custom pilot bearing for the larger input shaft pilot?
The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
| | |
| |