The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#601628 12/16/2009 4:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Need to convert a WC T-5 Tranny from a Electro speedometer to analog speedometer. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
Jeremy:
I would check on inliners.org

They have extensive write-ups on T-5 conversions. I think they also cover your issue. Alternatively, there is an add on device to handle this, but it is a bit pricey from what I remember.

I hope this is helpful.
Regards,
STeve
New Orleans

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Sclor, I read the T-5 the easy way but, i don't have a S-10 tail to swap. I might have to purchase the adapter or the cheaper route would be to purchase a NWC which has the Analog Speedometer.

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
you have to change the tail housing, or use an electric to mechanical drive which is $300. however the new gauges these days are cheep for electronic input.


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Scott, I would like to use the old face in my gauge. Would the new electronic gauge work with my current setup?

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
Just curious, what year is your t-5 and what engine are you mounting it to ?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Rick, I think it's out of a F@#D 1986-87 Mustang/Capri 5.0. It's bolted up to a 1984 SBC.

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
37ChevyPickup, check out the custom gauges offered by SpeedHut.comhttp://www.speedhut.com/ They are in SLC.

I had them make some custom gauges for my 57' BelAir and they did a great job. I know they make 5" gauge units too. Reasonably priced for what I got.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
if its a ford unit, I thought they changed to electric speedo's in 91, where GM changed in 89. Did you use a custom pilot bearing for the larger input shaft pilot?


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0