| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, KEVINSKI, Peggy M, Lostbuthaulinass, wilbur53, Wayne67vert),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 94 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 94 | I have a 1946 chevy 2 ton and the seat is shot and not original. The seat is to wide for my cab. Does anyone know what seats will easily fit into a 1946 chevy truck. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 11 | I just purchased a used third row seat from a 88 chev suburban its 48 inches wide.My old original frame is the same width.I plan on recovering with some kind of simple pattern that matched the original. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 | I have a 3rd row late 90s Chrysler minivan seat that fits fine. Now just have to figure out how to mount the thing.... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | During the early years of my restoraion I have an '02 F@rd Expedition and stored the third row seat in there. It fit perfectly. Had I not restored mine to original, that seat would have stayed in the truck. It looked nice and fit on the gas tank perfectly.
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 101 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 101 | I have a third row seat out of a full size Ram 12passenger van. It has drop down arm rests but does not fold forward or anything. It is an EXACT fit in my '46 1/2 ton cab. I wish I could post a picture here in the thread. There is a guy in Cypress, CA that constantly runs ads in CL-LA for bench seats. He pulls the seats and makes mods to used commuter vans and ships them to Japan. If you're local to SoCal look for his ads.
P.S. I think I paid only $40 for mine in perfect condition.
Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 11/25/2009 5:18 AM.
| | |
| |
| |