The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, HandyAndy, Ponchogl, carbking), 88 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
I was wondering if anyone might have a scale drawing or dimensions for a side mount spare tire carrier.
I have been looking to purchase one for a fair price but turned up empty hand.
It doesn't seem to hard to fabricate with the right measurements and angles for the rod placement.

Thx

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
I can get you some measurements off the one sitting on the back of this frame if you want. It bolts to the bedsides and came off my 53 Chevy bed. It is not for sale, I will be using it on the T'Mater


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486


'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
I would not mind a clear set of drawings for your spare tire carrier also.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
It's all documented in the pdf link in the tech tip from above.


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
The pdf link is great. It has good info....Is there anything with something closer to the '53 model?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
I think he was referring to my offer 54tow

I have taken seven pictures with a tape measure next to it. one of the mounting points is bent a hair and I can't figure out which one. The basic dimensions are 11 1/4" between the heavier mounting holes and 12 1/4" hole to hole on the other three dimensions. the unit when mounted will be 9 1/2" off the face of the truck side. The triangular piece is 8" on all long sides and the short (cut-off) end is 2". The studs will have to be located to fit your wheels. Mine is for 8 lug wheels. The pictures are located in my photobucket folder


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
Thank you...This is great help, I see if I I can fab one this weekend. Thx

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
I believe the 3/4 ton AD, with the long bed, does not need to have a formed fender to fit the tire.


~Jim

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0