| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
177
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | I was wondering if anyone might have a scale drawing or dimensions for a side mount spare tire carrier. I have been looking to purchase one for a fair price but turned up empty hand. It doesn't seem to hard to fabricate with the right measurements and angles for the rod placement.
Thx | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | I can get you some measurements off the one sitting on the back of this frame if you want. It bolts to the bedsides and came off my 53 Chevy bed. It is not for sale, I will be using it on the T'Mater | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 486 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 486 |
'64 swb stepside (gone) '57 1 ton '53 phone truck '59 swb '46 1 1/2 ton '68 swb gmc
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 25 | I would not mind a clear set of drawings for your spare tire carrier also. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 829 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 829 | It's all documented in the pdf link in the tech tip from above. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | The pdf link is great. It has good info....Is there anything with something closer to the '53 model? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | I think he was referring to my offer 54tow I have taken seven pictures with a tape measure next to it. one of the mounting points is bent a hair and I can't figure out which one. The basic dimensions are 11 1/4" between the heavier mounting holes and 12 1/4" hole to hole on the other three dimensions. the unit when mounted will be 9 1/2" off the face of the truck side. The triangular piece is 8" on all long sides and the short (cut-off) end is 2". The studs will have to be located to fit your wheels. Mine is for 8 lug wheels. The pictures are located in my photobucket folder | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | Thank you...This is great help, I see if I I can fab one this weekend. Thx | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | I believe the 3/4 ton AD, with the long bed, does not need to have a formed fender to fit the tire.
~Jim
| | |
| |
| |