The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, TooMany2count, ranchojuan), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#592286 11/14/2009 1:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
Does anyone know if NAPA would have a king pin set that will fit 1937 1/2 ton.What years take that same size or even a part number? I know I can order them but was hoping to cash and carry this weekend.
Thank you in advance!


It's not the speed you travel it's the quality of the trip that matters !!!
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
I have been trying to get various parts at NAPA for my '40 with no success. Their computer data bases don't go back that far and their paper catalogs only go back to 50. I've had some better luck at the some of the other chains but seem to always have more success at the "vintage car and truck" places.

Good luck (and let us know when you get pictures posted)

Doug

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
For 1937 NAPA lists truck as GC or GD or GE

They list the GC king pin set as,

Item#: NCP2621183
$144.00

or the oversize

RPC 30163 oversize .008
$254.99

Your king pin is listed here
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/1929_54chevyparts/06/385.HTM


-Tom

1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
You CAN get them for lot less from a vendor.."believe it or not" I suppose thats why dad always told me to "shop around".


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
I have wondered about the big price differance.Anyone know if one is better then the other.I also wonder if all the sets requier the bushing to be reemed to fit the pin or come sized to fit?
Thanks


It's not the speed you travel it's the quality of the trip that matters !!!
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
I have a replacement king pin setfor 1937 1/2 ton.. E-mail me [email protected]


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0