| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
192
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,143 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 | I'm having trouble removing studs. beat it till it mushroomed. Is there something different about removing these versus other vehicles I've done because it hasn't budged. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Michael, I had to DRILL one out on the rear of my panel before that sucker would budge and I still had to use the big hammer. Since its bulged just cut it off even with the axle or drum, and drill it out close to size and then punch it out. They are "siezed" to the other metal. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | sometimes a little heat helps always make sure that the base under the stud is solid to hammer upon, takes any bounce away it is like trying to put a nail in a board that is not supported by anything. you get a lot of bounce and the odds that you are going to bend it. it also takes more hits to get it in ron | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 | I'm going to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. Weather is to nice today so I'm going for a ride. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 | got them out tonight. could not get one of the new ones to start so I'm going to try to get another one tomorrow. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 46 | works better when the parts store gives you the right ones. | | |
| |
| |