The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (39Master85, klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 135 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,396
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#588698 11/01/2009 3:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Hey folks,
I recently joined this site and I'm trying to find my way around(not the best with computers) but love the site. I bought a 1966 K-10 a few months back. I was way too lustful an found it needed much more than I expected. I am having trouble finding certian parts due to it being a 4x4 but feel this site will solve those problems. I live in Ct so if any one has any tips on hot spots for local parts I would love to know them.

Thanks and great site,
Alstepside

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
What parts are you in need of and do you have some pics of truck you can post. Welcome to the site lots of knoledgeable people on here.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Right now my biggest trouble is my left rear most shakle mount is cracked. The two ears that rivet under the frame have snapped off. I removed the whole rear suspension and found the frame rusted badly behind all the shakle mounts.I have some pictures i will try to post.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, alstepside. Maybe you were a bit hasty, not sure without seeing the frame. You may have bought a parts truck and should be looking for something with a better frame. Don't worry about it, just carry on from where you are at this point.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome aboard. You're at the right place.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Alstepside,

You are where you need to be. Trust me, we're all in the same situation. We bought because we love em' and they end up needing way more than we thought.....!



1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0