The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Hanks custodian, Ponchogl), 198 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#583097 10/14/2009 12:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
Image Shack
The Chevy is mine its a 1961 chevy apache k10 I bought in Souix Falls SD im planing on restoring it to original

The GMC is my dads its a 61 GMC k1000 That he found in Minot ND

I posted the pictures on the link that says Image Shack

Last edited by my61k10; 10/14/2009 12:45 AM.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
Excellent. Nice to see when a father and son share a similar interest.


1960 GMC 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Gallery
Updates in the DITY Gallery
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
is the K1000 a 4WD? Looks High.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
yes The GMC is a four wheel drive

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 50
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 50
nice trucks. good to see a couple more get saved from the crusher. I dont like the hoods on those trucks, but thats just me.


Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
Originally Posted by V-6 Fix Modelman
is the K1000 a 4WD? Looks High.

whenever you see that "K", it signifies 4 x 4
ron

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
I think it's pretty interesting that you found both of those in the Dakotas. My 61 K10 was also from that area. I bought it from the Rapid City antique car dealer and had it shipped back here to New England. Mine was made in the Janesville plant. I'm curious if yours were as well. Mine looked about like yours when I started in the late 90's. Here it is now.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2578304020054213402wSjlLJ
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1305082520054213402lplyLI

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
Glad to see, hear you are going to restore truck have fun and keep us posted on work. i like the 60-63 k models and the hoods

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
Got a question what side is the transfer shifter arm on the left or right side of transmission shifter

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks for the pictures it looks very nice and looks like what i had planed for mine. yes it was made in the Janesville plant
K10

Last edited by my61k10; 10/14/2009 4:43 AM.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
The transfer shifter is on the left side of the transmission shifter
i attached pictures 1961chevy interior

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
Apparently the 1960 was the only year it was to the right

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
Love the hoods. That's one of the reasons I bought my truck.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
AAwww come on, UGLY HOODS RULE ! I wish I had an eyebrow hood on my 62 gmc


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0