The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, J Lucas, tclederman, Southerntruck), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#579921 10/02/2009 9:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
I would like to find some good restoration manuals for this truck. The manuals should include up grades , like A/C, PB. and PS.
All help would be appreaciated. Thanks Locksmith 1

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
These are the Chevy shop manuals you need...

an article about 1960-1966 chevy truck manuals


as far as a restoration manual...


How to restore your Chevrolet pickup truck - by Tom Brownell

That is probably the best book out there on what you will need and how to get it.

The rest you will have to find out by reading the forums and checking out the tech tips section.


Where to get the manuals:

links to GM specific truck parts vendors websites


Since you are in Georgia, like me...

obsolete chevy in Nashville, Georgia

... might save you some $$ on shipping. It might not... as some places have a flat rate deal on some items in the 48 states.

Just about every vendor, big or small sells reprints of the shop manuals, owners manuals, etc..

For my trying to keep my '65 c10 together I have the 1963 manual, the 1965 supplement and the 60-66 assembly manual.

Good luck... shop around and check prices. The last time I looked they were usually within 5-10 dollars on most of the vendor sites.

Also, American Classic has a discount for us Stovebolters, so check that out also.


For a power steering kit:

an article, with step by step pictures of an REZ power steering kit install

Persh used the REZ kit on his '66 C...anned instructions of the REZ kit, here.

A piece of advice... if you do not like to read and do research on things, you will find rebuilding, restoring your truck quite a pain in the butt. There is no one stop shop or book for everything. You are in the right place though, to start finding out where everything is.

-W









Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Has anyone purchased the CD Rom Versions of the Service Manuals? I have found three so far. I know some enjoy the feel of paper and like to have the manual in hand when looking..any thoughts?

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/19chtrfashma.html
http://www.americanclassic.com/images/SM63CD.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Tru...UTF8&qid=1254794916&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Hey, Michigan:
I like books, but computerized searches can save a lot of time, and some CDROM "editions" of printed material have more info. or better pics.
Go Blue.

cm


If you can't fix it with a hammer and screwdriver, you need a bigger hammer.
1965 Chevy C10
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
While shop/repair manuals would be helpfull, there's an outfit on evil bay that's selling the factory assembly manual in either print or CD that I've heard is the cats pajamas for putting one of these trucks back together. I too, am on the fence as to whether I should get the book or disc.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Originally Posted by The Forge Dude
Has anyone purchased the CD Rom Versions of the Service Manuals?
I've found I used the online restoration packs often, and have digital copies of a couple of parts books.

You can always print a clean copy if you have it on the computer. I sometimes print just the pages I need to use in the shop.

I've not bought digital manuals yet, but probably will next time around. Currently I sometimes photo copy a section rather than dirty my manual. Since I've bought most my manauals used that does not make them grease free.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Thanks for the input. I had not thought about the assembly manual, so I added that to the list. I picked American Truck Classic and ordered the CD for the Service Manual and the Assembly Manual book. When I get them I will post a review and let ya'll know what I found.

Best Regards,
Joe "The Forge Dude"

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

The factory assembly manuals for 1960-1966 trucks are available in reprints from just about every vendor that sells the shop manuals.

The problem with the factory assembly manual is that it is just thrown together. There is no index or a way to look anything up.

It is helpful, but it is not nearly as useful as the 1952 factory assembly manual my dad has for his '53.

-W


Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 136
If ya have a puter in the shop it's helpful if ya have a keyboard cover on keyboard, very helpful when searching various sections. I prefer digital info.


1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0