The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (bucktruck, dt235sd, Stelonlevo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike B, 1 invisible), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,648
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Hello!
I got this 1950 GMC 150 Long Bed Deluxe Cab in Charlvoix, Mi a month ago Drove it home. I have done a lot of cars over the years and I have wanted to do a truck and have done alot of looking This truck comes from Colorado. The guy I bought it from got it from his father inlaw in Colorado. He told me I make the fourth owner of the truck I'm not sure were his father inlaw got it from. Its pretty much original. It has a 12 volt system, a different rear bumper, and tailgate.
http://community.webshots.com/user/Tonywp24?vhost=community

Last edited by J Lucas; 09/30/2009 4:53 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Nice catch you got there. Let us know if we can help in any way.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Thank You! I could use a lot of help 1st truck! I want to keep it stock. I'm not sure about gearing and the 228 it has a Zenith carb and the float sticks, gas leaks out sometimes when I stop some were and it's flooded when I try to restart it.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 35
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 35
get a carb kit clean out the old one using carb cleaner/spray. pay attention to the needle seat and needle. make sure upon assembly you set the float to it's proper adjustment. p.s. it's best if you replace the float as this can be a p.i.a in the future...

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Where do you get the carb. kit and float?


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0