| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (klhansen, 1 invisible),
107
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,648 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 | Any of you stepside guys not using the internal brace bars on your step side rear fenders?
I don't have them installed on mine but the fenders seem rock solid. Now I am questioning if I really need them?
Having done some extensive modifications to the bed on my C10 short stepside to accomodate 33x12x15 rear rubber I don't think I will have proper tire clearance if I use them.
Thanks gang!
John
Last edited by Hot Rod John; 09/07/2009 12:33 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 | I'm still running mine, assuming their main purpose is to eliminate stress related metal fatique. I think it might be a good idea to make some custom braces, especially with your setup - as it may be likely to create far more torque and vibration than the original setup. Perhaps rather than a straight rod from the frame, a curved strap against the fender similar to the front fenders of a 1930's Ford for example. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 | Markeb,
I have a Model A and I know just what you are talking about... small world, eh?
I also was hoping to get some input from anybody out there that isn't running the braces... just to see.
Thanks,
John | | |
| |
| |