The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (chemanic), 87 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,416
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
on a '54 Chevy 3100? The reason I ask is, I have an extra box of brake shoes that the company shipped to me along with my original order by mistake. So I have an extra box of rear brake shoes and I need to know if my front brake shoes(didn't get replaced yet) are interchangeable with rear ones. What ch'all think???? smile


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy jdl, I think the rears are only 1 3/4" wide and the fronts are 2" wide if I am remembering correctly. I know in the past I've converted the rears to 2" shoes as they use the same drum front and rear, hope that helps.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Napa shows the rears as a different number. They have a different width dimension, 1 3/4" vs 2" for the fronts.
I would say measure the friction material width. If it's 2", they should be just fine for the front.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Thanks guys. They are different.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0