Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 64 | I have my front leaf srings apart and have sand blasted them ,and now ready to paint.I was going to use POR15 on them like I did the frame .Is this a good idea or should I use differant kind of paint? Thanks for your help. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I used it on mine, holding up just fine.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 61 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 61 | Between the leaf is a strong friction and I can not imagine that POR15 will remain there for good. I would use paint with graphite or only graphite and paint on the face side. Slip Plate No. 1 http://www.slipplate.com/images/pdf_datasheet/DATA-SLIP_Plate_1.pdf
'59 Apache '67 Mustang
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I used poly liner between the leaves on mine.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ....... I'd probably paint them and use the poly liners that go between them. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 64 | Por-15 and Poly Liners it is.Thanks guys | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Longhorn, Be certain that your Shock Absorbers are good after doing all that to the springs. Or it may bounce you out of the cab. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 | when exposed to sun the por15 does not hold up and the color turns to a dull non black finish POR-15® is a high-tech, high performance rust-preventive coating designed for application directly on rusted or seasoned metal surfaces. It dries to an incredible rock-hard, non-porous finish that won't chip, crack, or peel, and it prevents rust from recurring by protecting metal from further exposure to moisture. Use it to coat rusty frames, floor pans, farm equipment, marine equipment, or even a heavily corroded battery tray. POR-15® is sensitive to UV light (sun) and must be topcoated for prolonged exposure to sunlight. Topcoating is not required for areas not exposed to sunlight.
Last edited by carolines truck; 08/16/2009 5:13 PM.
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | |
| |