| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (PAUL Berardi, Phak1, DaveV, Cheapskate1229, Otto Skorzeny, carbking, Peggy M, Wayne67vert),
138
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 | Kevin Mangum 1965 Chevrolet Stepside Shortbed Pickup Kenner, Louisiana [email protected] This is my 1965 Chevrolet Short/Step pickup known in these parts as Pearl.I am the third owner of this truck that was purchased in 2006 with 64,112 miles on it. Pearl was originally a Texas farm truck. She came from the assembly plant in St. Louis,MO as a basic stock truck with no options. There is not one piece of chrome anywhere.That is why I knew that this was the truck for me at first sight.I really appreciate originality so the plan from the start was to keep her a stock survivor. I have always felt that the small dents and dings just add character. New tires have been added, along with new wood in the bed. A protective paint job is planned soon. Upon retirement my wife and I plan to move with Pearl to our riverside cabin in Mississippi and live the small town country life. truck album
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 12:43 AM. Reason: fix title
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Kevin, nice of you to keep an old pal original. Not many left around in that shape these days. I tried the link but it did not work. We do like pics around here.
This is a great retirement hobby!! Welcome to the Bolt. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 | Thanks Achipmunk! I really enjoy this truck and would enjoy seeing Pearl be a Stovebolt Gallery addition. I am having problems linking photo's. I enter s962.photobucket.co/albums/aeio3/trainer5151/ . I then click OK and it ask me to enter the title of the website you are linking to. What do I enter at this point? Please help.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 829 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 829 | That is the name you want to give the link. Your post will show only the name of your link, instead of the entire address you are linking to. Oh - I see you figured it out up above. Nice Truck  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | yep, nice driver you have there. Some folks have all the luck  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 26 | Wow....."FRED" my 65 lwb step side has the hots for Pearl!!!! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 10 | Thanks for the positive comments gang! And thanks for the help linking the photo's.(rix65) Don't expect Pearl to visit Fred, she is a flatlander from Louisiana. The altitude change would be too much for her. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 12 | Kevin
You have a great looking truck and I think I have its brother. I also have a blue 1965 short bed stepside, the truck was from Texas. I appreciate the the old stock look of these pickups. | | |
| |
| |