| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Hotrod Lincoln, 3800GUY, farmallb, Rustnut, 1 invisible),
70
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,301 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 27 | I bought a set of repo parking brake cables. The ones with the black vinyl and they do not mount safely to the frame. I sent them back. Are there any suppliers that sell the metal casing cables with the notch so the cable does not slip in the frame bracket?
51 gmc 1/2 ton shortbed | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 | Inline tube, very well made. http://www.inlinetube.com/or find NOS originals. Bob | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 | I used these guys for my cables. If you go to the download section, it shows how to order the cable just like you want or need. I was very happy with them. You might find some clamps or brackets that might help. http://store.controlcables.com/servlet/StoreFrontJoe | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | Try american classic trucks,they have what your lookin for
dan-pa
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 27 | Fantastic,
It looks like inline tube has the set built for the specific year truck. Control Cables are very custom yet you need to do some measuring as they make what you ask for. American Classics seems to have the vinyl coated cables like I returned, unless I was looking at the wrong page.
bruce | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 | I just bought a set from the Truck Shop in SOCAL. They are the same as pictured at the American Classic Truck site. Actually the quaility does not look bad. It is just not a stock replacement part. The end that slides into the frame bracket is too large.
I paid $13 each for mine and have had them too long to send them back, so I am going to modify the end that slips into the frame bracket. The other option would be to drill the frame bracket hole to a larger size. The hole would have to be opened up about .030 to allow the replacement part to slip in the bracket. I don't want to do this.
I still have both cables that are functioning. One is an orgininal and the other is an older direct replacement, but it does not match the original. They are old and nasty looking so I wanted new to go with my restored chassis.
If they do not work out, it will not be the only $26 I have wasted on this project. But I sure would not look forward to paying $130 for the OEM cables. | | |
| |
| |