The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Gray_Ghost, mvigo, TS3600, joe apple, 55shaker, JW51, PAUL Berardi), 105 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,329
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559688 07/28/2009 3:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 27
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 27
I bought a set of repo parking brake cables. The ones with the black vinyl and they do not mount safely to the frame. I sent them back. Are there any suppliers that sell the metal casing cables with the notch so the cable does not slip in the frame bracket?

51 gmc 1/2 ton shortbed

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
Inline tube, very well made.
http://www.inlinetube.com/

or find NOS originals.
Bob

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
I used these guys for my cables. If you go to the download section, it shows how to order the cable just like you want or need. I was very happy with them. You might find some clamps or brackets that might help.

http://store.controlcables.com/servlet/StoreFront

Joe

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
Try american classic trucks,they have what your lookin for


dan-pa
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 27
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 27
Fantastic,

It looks like inline tube has the set built for the specific year truck. Control Cables are very custom yet you need to do some measuring as they make what you ask for. American Classics seems to have the vinyl coated cables like I returned, unless I was looking at the wrong page.

bruce

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
I just bought a set from the Truck Shop in SOCAL. They are the same as pictured at the American Classic Truck site. Actually the quaility does not look bad. It is just not a stock replacement part. The end that slides into the frame bracket is too large.

I paid $13 each for mine and have had them too long to send them back, so I am going to modify the end that slips into the frame bracket. The other option would be to drill the frame bracket hole to a larger size. The hole would have to be opened up about .030 to allow the replacement part to slip in the bracket. I don't want to do this.

I still have both cables that are functioning. One is an orgininal and the other is an older direct replacement, but it does not match the original. They are old and nasty looking so I wanted new to go with my restored chassis.

If they do not work out, it will not be the only $26 I have wasted on this project. But I sure would not look forward to paying $130 for the OEM cables.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0