The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#557956 07/23/2009 3:49 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
Ok, I suppose it's probably frowned upon, but I have changed my name. When I first signed up "InOverMyHead" was exactly how I felt about this truck. Not anymore. Thanks to all the posts, help and advice, I kinda feel like I can do this, and that I'll have a place to go if (when) I get in Over My Head! Thanks everyone.


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Very Good Paul. It sounds like progress in the making!

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
I've done more with this truck in the last five months than I have in the last five years.


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Got pictures?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
sorry for the long time between replies - It turns out a couple weeks ago my wife told me to get ready for another little one (probably due in early April) so I guess I've got nine months to redo a bedroom. At the same time a little girl (ok, she's 19) that we had as a foster child and had tried to adopt (which didn't work out :-( showed up and we've been making room for her while she "figures out" what she wants to do.

I'm going to be taking lots of pictures since I'm getting ready to pull the cab off the frame but it looks like they might be delayed for a time.


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Good luck Paul and as they say.... First Things First.

Just remember though, just 5 minutes a day will surprise you what you can get done. Keep us posted.... and Congratulations.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Sounds like the house will be full in a few months and you better make room out in the garage to get away. Of course after the room is ready for the little one. Good luck! Did you want to change back to "InOverMyHead" again????? dangJust kiddin!

Joy #566129 08/18/2009 12:46 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
They say "Idle hands are the devils workshop". Maybe you could try to get that 19 YO to join you with a helping hand when you need it and it could turn out to be a good opportunity building a work ethic, confidence, as well as the sense of accomplishment. The good feeling you get from helping others is priceless. Plus you usually get to learn something new. Good luck with all the changes headed your way.


Gary Sterner 53 1/2 T Panel
Hold On Tight To Your Dreams ELO
Ya can't make it idiot proof,
they keep finding smarter idiots.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 235
Fishwacker, THAT is probably the BEST idea i've heard in a long time. She's always saying how she used to watch her dad in the garage, helping him fix up their old cars. I'm gonna give that a try for sure!


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0