The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Wally / Montana, Jeff Ogden, Peggy M, amtrakjoe, moparguy, mvigo, walter74), 83 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,702
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#555054 07/13/2009 12:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Hey guys, I wanted to know if any of you could point me in the direction of where I can order some mustang II rotors in a larger bolt pattern? Every company online only seems to have 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 4 3/4. I need some for 5 on 5.5 .



If not do you think it would its cheaper just to buy a set and get them redrilled for the size i need?



Also can these rotors be ordered from your local parts store or are they special order rotors?



Thanks, Slim


slim rides low
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
It might be an idea to contact someone like
Master Power Brakes and enquire about this.
Most of the ones I've seen are in the smaller F*rd and Chevy patterns.
I would doubt your local FLAPS would carry something like them.
It may also not be possible to re-drill the rotors due to their construction.
Maybe that's why they only seem to be available in the smaller sizes.
Hopefully someone will prove me wrong!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Hopefully! Im trying to avoid going with wheel adapters.


slim rides low
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Thanks Jockbolter, it seems that im going to use adapters. I just have to find a company that makes them hub centric or with a torque ring.


slim rides low
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Why the 5 on 5? Got a certain wheel you want to use or something?
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Originally Posted by 48bigtrucks
Why the 5 on 5? Got a certain wheel you want to use or something?
Scott
I have the same question. Might be easier to find wheels for the smaller bolt pattern. Or see if you can find spindles that will accept the larger GM style brakes instead of the M2 parts.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Yeah guys. I took the plunge and bought some wheels that are 20"s and they have the big bolt pattern. I wanted them to give my AD a retro look with a 20" steel wheel with the GMC center cap. One thing I learned is that when you go custom nothing is ever just plug and play.


slim rides low
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by slimneverdies
Yeah guys. I took the plunge and bought some wheels that are 20"s and they have the big bolt pattern. I wanted them to give my AD a retro look with a 20" steel wheel with the GMC center cap. One thing I learned is that when you go custom nothing is ever just plug and play.


Where did you get the steel 20s? I've seen the Vintique painted steel look ones but they are still billet (expensive!)

I like the idea of painted steels and caps but with the large diameter..


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0