The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, Peggy M, Millenimech, NJC), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
I made it almost three years without a Stovebolt. Well, until I found an old 1950s Chevy Panel yesterday. It is a real project with rust (or gasping holes) in all the usual places. It is 'just' a half-ton shorty. But it doesn't have to be my last one, right? I will post pictures once it gets delivered.

C.Andyman

Last edited by C.Andyman; 07/04/2009 3:56 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
we anxiously await delivery of your baby... smile ...with pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Yes, We will be waiting. Panel trucks are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
C.Andyman...Welcome.

I bet you're like a kid at Christmas!

We look forward to the pics. thumbs_up



1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Yep. Panels are cool. Welcome!

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
Here are the first photos, not good enough for the Gallery yet, but a start. It took forever to safely get her off the trailer without taking out the rear garage wall.

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/andreasschmieg/1951%20Chevy%20Panel/

Last edited by C.Andyman; 07/17/2009 4:08 AM. Reason: Updated URL
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Andyman that's a neat panel.....I look forward to following your progress.
Glad your garage and Panel survived unscathed! thumbs_up

Last edited by jockbolter50; 07/01/2009 10:54 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
It looks a lot better than I expected, as you don't find panel trucks all together in that good of shape. As I said they are cool but this one is great!

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Andyman,
Great looking panel! Make sure you take a lot of pics! Woody, AKA Czechman has a door art photo journal. Make sure he gets yours! Have fun and good luck
Dan

Last edited by Chev4t6; 07/02/2009 1:58 AM.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 34
Hmmm... Good things always come in pairs. First it took me forever to find another panel. And now I found a second one right away. Does anyone have any good tricks on how to tell my wife that I need that second panel?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
just ask her what color she'd like hers grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Tell her it's a parts truck and what you don't need, you can sell and help finance the first project. You really need it.!!! lol Yes, and then she will fall in love with your first one, and will want one of her own. ohwell


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0