The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, 37 GC, blanch53, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
just found this site and wanted to say hello. i"m working on a 65 longbed fleetside with the trusty 6 cyl and 3 spd. If anyone gets down to old town for the saturday cruises i can be found there most days. ask for jason
truck is charcoal grey.

Last edited by medicine man; 06/18/2009 7:04 PM.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
Welcome aboard from another central florida newbee! I'll take you up on the Old Town offer some day soon...I'm still trying to get my girl up and running...ugh...Do you know of any good mechanics for this era of trucks in town?

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome medicine man, sorry I won't be making any of your cruise nights any time soon. But I hope you like it here, there's lots to see and learn.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by 1953 panel
Welcome medicine man, sorry I won't be making any of your cruise nights any time soon.

Me neither...but welcome anyway!

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome to Stovebolt!

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
thanks guys- winter park59--- I have known the manager at Magic Mechanic (lee road near edgewater) for almost 15 years. He is the only one to work on my cars and I have never had an issue. I actually followed him when he changed locations. Magic Mechanic has 1 guy that is their primo old car tech and he does phenominal work. They also don't try to sell you something that isn't neccessay. They charge standard rates but I personally don't want the cheapest mechanic, just the best. Just call and ask for JD. Tell him Jason Miller sent you over and he will hook you up.

Last edited by medicine man; 06/21/2009 12:37 PM.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
come on guys--- it's only a short drive and boat trip to sunny florida. yesterday was a cool 97 degrees with a heat index of 110. is that warmer than scotland or ontario? if so come on down and share with us.haha

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome medicine man. Its hot here to!!!.... and humid!

Lots of cruising around this area to. Come on UP! Good luck on the truck and keep us posted.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
Thanks med-man - much appreciated sir.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Hi

Welcome to the site!

I used to live in Kissimmee from 1993 to 2003!

I really enjoyed going to "Old Town" and see the old cars and trucks!

Regards

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
you are welcome winter park.
Old Town is celebrating it's 1000th consecutive cruise August 15th. They are hoping for 800-1000 cars. should be big.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by medicine man
come on guys--- it's only a short drive and boat trip to sunny florida. yesterday was a cool 97 degrees with a heat index of 110. is that warmer than scotland or ontario? if so come on down and share with us.haha

Just a tad warmer than here.

Mind you it was actually too warm to work in my garage today. Honestly! grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0