The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, TexasJim50, MickeyP, MRMEROTH11), 117 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,383
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#539789 05/21/2009 5:02 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 15
Hello All,

I am new to this site and I have two questions? Which gear box ( years, makes, models) is ideal when adding power steering to my 55. And how much trouble will I run into with a performance online 6 lug disk brake kit with dual master cylinder booster? the kit says everything bolts directly to stock location including the mc.

Thanks Guys!

Also my truck is 1955.2 350/4 spd granny rest is stock.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
You may get more answers if you post this in one of the other forums. Maybe try "General Truck Talk" first. If Cletis don't think it belongs there, he'll move it somwhere else! dance eek


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome to Stovebolt! Go to General truck Questions and ask away. Lots of answers to your questions there. Good Luck.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
http://www.classicperform.com/tech.htm

http://www.piratejack.net/component/option,com_simplefaq/Itemid,109/

Look around the top site for a nice article on power steering for your vehicle.

The bottom link is a place I've talked with about booster/M/C set ups and they have good prices. Take your time and look around.
There is another good link about doing power steering if I can find it.

Oh, welcome to the bolt smile



1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0