The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Cletus1950, Gdads51, cmayna, Jon G, JW51, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,370
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
My truck went from a heap of antique metal to actually driving today. Thanks for all the good help--'course I will need more as I dial it in.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
That is a good looking truck. I know your going to enjoy it now that it is running!!! Have fun.


Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
Davy, Pictures, we want pictures-- I have a 36 and appreciate these old beauties!

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Just thinking, what forums did you find the most useful? We all say thanks, but we all use these forums differently.

It's nice seeing old iron back on the road, much better that seeing it buried underneath it! grin Nice job thumbs_up

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Well I will try and get the camera together for some more pics. Most of the time I was on the driveline section. Also the interiors--electrical I am on now and am enjoying that alot(less wirebrushing there). I am still doing my lights and whatnot. I am calling this phase one like I saw a guy do somewhere on the internet on a model T I think. I don't know if I will ever get to phase 2(super paint job and interior, exterior) I am really glad to get to this point.--Plus, I still have that parts truck lurking out in deep storage waiting for a phase 1.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Davy, I know you realize, it's not the finish it's the journey. Many on this forum when they finish they begin to look for another project. I look like it as a hobby.


~Jim
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
COOL

A salmonbolt


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 19
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 19
Waaaaaaa!, I want it.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

Exciting stuff davy!

It is always more fun when you can drive it.

-W

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 227
thumbs_up Look out!
Another 'Bolt lives to see a new chapter in life.
Wish you all the best and many more happy miles.

(oh yeah, having a '36 I'm pretty biased to these models!)

Well done.........Doc.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I have been having a good time driving up and down my dirt road and getting several bugs out of the truck. I had trouble with overheating and put a new thermostat in--may drill a hole later. Also some of the brakes were locked up and I just needed a heavier return spring. I had forgotten to bolt the back of the cab down and also forgot a few cotter pins in the brake cables. So I am gradually getting it back to full status. I have to go to work for a couple months straight now and must leave the truck till then. I am getting excellent support on this forum!

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
Congratulations!! Nice truck!! thumbs_up


"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts"

David Wolff
1946 Chevy 1/2-ton
In the Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0