Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (FAST55, Shaffer's1950, John Dlugos, Ponchogl, F100Ranger, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TexasJim50, 1 invisible),
73
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,372 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 | My truck went from a heap of antique metal to actually driving today. Thanks for all the good help--'course I will need more as I dial it in. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | That is a good looking truck. I know your going to enjoy it now that it is running!!! Have fun. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 143 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 143 | Davy, Pictures, we want pictures-- I have a 36 and appreciate these old beauties! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | Just thinking, what forums did you find the most useful? We all say thanks, but we all use these forums differently. It's nice seeing old iron back on the road, much better that seeing it buried underneath it!  Nice job  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 | Well I will try and get the camera together for some more pics. Most of the time I was on the driveline section. Also the interiors--electrical I am on now and am enjoying that alot(less wirebrushing there). I am still doing my lights and whatnot. I am calling this phase one like I saw a guy do somewhere on the internet on a model T I think. I don't know if I will ever get to phase 2(super paint job and interior, exterior) I am really glad to get to this point.--Plus, I still have that parts truck lurking out in deep storage waiting for a phase 1. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Davy, I know you realize, it's not the finish it's the journey. Many on this forum when they finish they begin to look for another project. I look like it as a hobby.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 |
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 19 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Exciting stuff davy!
It is always more fun when you can drive it.
-W
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 227 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 227 |  Look out! Another 'Bolt lives to see a new chapter in life. Wish you all the best and many more happy miles. (oh yeah, having a '36 I'm pretty biased to these models!) Well done.........Doc. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 | I have been having a good time driving up and down my dirt road and getting several bugs out of the truck. I had trouble with overheating and put a new thermostat in--may drill a hole later. Also some of the brakes were locked up and I just needed a heavier return spring. I had forgotten to bolt the back of the cab down and also forgot a few cotter pins in the brake cables. So I am gradually getting it back to full status. I have to go to work for a couple months straight now and must leave the truck till then. I am getting excellent support on this forum! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 | Congratulations!! Nice truck!! 
"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts" David Wolff 1946 Chevy 1/2-ton In the Gallery | | |
| |