The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (IHPWR, David Bush, Gdads51), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#536702 05/11/2009 6:59 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
Hi folks! My name is Stephen, and I'm from northern Alberta,LaGlace to be specific.I have aspirations to fix up an old bolt,a 52 chevy 1/2 ton.I have some photos of where I found it and getting it home and pasted them on photobucket,now if I can just figure out how to link them to here you can tell me what you think of my ride.I've been lurking around the posts here for awhile and thought I would join since this looks like a great group.I am going to click on a few things and see if I can get some pics available,if I can't, I'll ask for help if thats okay.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Auto Repair Guy,
welcome to the Stovebolt! I guess you are going to become a Sovebolt repair guy. Congratulations.

There should be some instructions around here on how to post the link to your photobucket, however here is how I would do it.

Call up you Photobucket, don't sign in but highlight the web address and use edit to copy it.

Come back here and open a post reply. Type in your description, hit enter, click on th next line and paste your web address in the post. Hit enter again and submit the post. That will give us a link to your photos.

Here on the Stovebolt we live for the photos!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Stephen, welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll like it here, just let us know how we can help, I see Fred has already helped you out.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Repairguy; welcome to the bolt and yes, your right. This is a nice group...... as long as we play by the rules smile

I think there is directions in the IT section about posting links.
We doooooo like pictures! Sounds like you got a good plan.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
Welcome from Texas. Great to have you aboard.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Welcome to the Stovebolt, Stephen. wave Glad to have you here!


Terry K.

1951 5 window 1/2 ton

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
Fred, I'll try this.Here is a link to photobucket
http://photobucket.com/
Please let me know if you can get there from here and if you can find my pics.Thanks,Stephen

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I didn't find the pics....but that doesn't mean they are not there!!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9

Last edited by auto repair guy; 05/13/2009 8:04 PM.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
Good job linking your pics - I like your field of dreams, too. thumbs_up


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
A R G

Now open your properties and paste that url there and it will be linked to each of your posts.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That is a nice old truck. The clearance lights are interesting, one on each side but none in the middle. What is the story on those two old Chevy cars?

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
The old cars are both 48 chevys, the 2 door is a Fleetline,the 4 door is a Fleetmaster.Got the Fleetline for free from a local farmer,had to use a chainsaw to free it from its forest prison.I dragged it home with hopes of rodding it or something undecided.A year or so later another local farmer heard I had a 48 and offered me the 4 door (again for free).Even lent me his tractor to bring it home.The fleetline has good potential,not bad in the rust department,some dents and (of course) bullet holes,but the 4 door will make a fairly good donor for a few things anyway,grill,fender/door piece,rf fender,gauges etc.
This was the plan until the 52 came along,always thought I would prefer to restore a pickup rather than a car.FIRST THINGS FIRST.Thanks for your interest.
http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/autorepairguy/52%20
sorry my skill at linking still sucks

Last edited by auto repair guy; 05/15/2009 1:08 AM.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
Few things

Welcome to the bolt
someone spelled 3100 wrong on your fenders (JK)
looks like my cousin sat on the hood
nice 48's

Scott


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi auto repair guy.....Welcome. It takes more than a couple of bullets to stop these old Chevys!
I look forward to seeing your progress.
Keep us posted.
Jock thumbs_up

Scott I think your cousin 'visited' my truck too! grin

Last edited by jockbolter50; 05/15/2009 8:07 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Man, I want to move to Alberta next to some of these friendly farmers with the old iron. I have great neighbours but they don't have any old iron to offer me!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0