The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Guitplayer, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51), 125 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#536777 05/12/2009 12:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
im surprised that no one replied to my question about the 65 gmc 6x6 mabey i didnt include enough info hopefully its not because i said or did something wrong just really surprised because i dont think ive ever seen a question not answered on this forum mabey pics would help?

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 942
Most likely because it is that a whole lot of people don't know a whole lot about them. I went to answer, but really couldn't contribute much.

Hopefully someone with that kind of specific knowledge will jump in soon.

If you can determine the make of the front axel, you could call around to some book venders to see what they would have on it.

Bill


'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan
GMC 9500 Fan
Detroit Diesel Fan
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
can you shed any light on what a 6x6 is?? Perhaps this needs to be posted in some other forum...but which one???

Tell us all you know and Hang tight. Someone will know! Surely!

Last edited by Achipmunk; 05/12/2009 1:23 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Ask me about a 1951... Sorry 1965 is too new for me. LOL Good luck!


Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
Pictures always help. I am working on a 52 3100 so I am not going to be any help. I would like to see photos of the truck you are working on just so I will know what one looks like.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

6x6 - 6 wheel drive Military (or, forest service) vehicle?

Pics might help but I'd bet that won't be in many members' memory cells.


Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
does the hub look something like this?
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2605509840103559715KOQvic

Last edited by 47chevy6400; 05/12/2009 2:21 AM.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy bigboltMT, sorry I didn't answer, but if I'm not sure I keep my mouth shut, or my fingers still. Could you post some pictures, it may be Napco stuff, or Coleman, if it's not Rockwell. 6 X 6s are not listed in any of my factory parts books, and I'm pretty sure they are conversions, other than the military stuff, hope that helps.

3B #536883 05/12/2009 7:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
the hub does look a a lot like the one in the picture that 47 chevy posted and it has the same type gyroscope hub that he described in the thread from grigg so i guess it must be the fabco brand that abento mentioned in the same thread from grigg it was owned by the forest service i will post pic soon thanks

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Sure it's not a Coleman?

Grigg

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
mine's a coleman


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0