The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Truckin39, tclederman, Gazz, Wally / Montana, lumbersawyer), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,461
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I saw some evidence in a couple of posts that guys are using their front park lights to use as turn signals. Now my parking lights are inside the headlight bucket--would that sill fly? If so should a yellow lens be put over the bulb of the parking light. Do I really need the original parking light for anything?

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
I don't think you need to use your parking lights for anything but dedicated turn signals. Instead of puting a yellow lens, you might consider changeing the parking light bulb. There are a couple of companys that sell orange/yellow bulbs. They seem to work fine on my trucks. Cecil..........

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Yup,
I know im yrs away ..but on my 52 I just replaced the running lights with a dual fillament yellow bulb.
So I have turn signals and amber runnin lights light modern cars.


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0