The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, Mr Crosswrench, klhansen, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 138 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 424
Pretty soon I'll be hooking up my 283 to a T350. The 283 doesn't have a block mounted starter so I will have to use a starter mount adapter plate. At this point I'm trying to figure out what components will work together. The starter I have is from a '61 283, I believe. I need to figure if that is going to work with the adapter plate and the T350 flexplate or if I need to find another starter. How many teeth on a T350 flexplate?


Mike
------
1958 Chevy 3200 Fleetside
1958 GMC 100 Wideside
------
Did you get free advice today? To donate to this site using PayPal is fast and EZ. Click here: http://www.stovebolt.com/office/thanks.html
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
168 teeth I believe. Wait, the T350 doesn't have teeth on it, the flywheel hooked to the engine has the teeth. The converter should bolt to any of the flywheels. You have to match your starter to the flywheel, then hope it has the right bolt holes for the converter. T350 use a smaller bolt circle then the T400, I am not sure about the powerglide. Go to Summitracing.com and check out flexplates. You should find something that fits.

Joe

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,859
168 or 153 depending on the diameter.


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0