The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#529818 04/19/2009 12:15 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
I have been thinking about joining for a while now and I decided it was time. I have several GM trucks from 47 to 55 and I just love this type of trucks. I own a wrecker service and a large salvage yard where we have many truck parts. We love trucks and we have almost all year models. I have a facination with tow trucks and I have two 49 chevy wreckers, a 53 chevy COE wrecker, and a 54 GMC wrecker. I also have a 52 2 ton Cab and chassis and a few fords. I hate to see anything go to the shredder. I also have a 54 GMC COE that I am building into a rot rod wrecker. I hope to learn more about my trucks as I restore.
Thanks
Brad

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
"We love trucks". That's the type of people we need here. Welcome Brad, there is a lot of info here, make yourself at home.

Leo #529867 04/19/2009 2:32 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Brad, welcome to the Bolt. THE best place to be if you love old trucks and its evident you do.
A couple other guys here like the tow trucks as well. I'm sure you'll see them around. Spanky and a couple more visit here often.
Good luck and its nice to have you around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Achipmunk #529957 04/19/2009 10:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome to Stovebolt!Sounds like you have it all! Lucky guy! Have fun learning with everyone here! Good Luck!

Joy #530066 04/19/2009 7:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Brad, welcome to the 'bolt.

As Alvin said there are a few guys here into wreckers,I'm sure they'll make themselves known before long!

Suprised it took you so long to join up! grin

Jock, thumbs_up



1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have plenty of projects there. Send us some pics.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
Actually one of my trucks was Spanky's. I bought the 53 COE wrecker off him a few months ago. I need to figure out where to post the pictures. I have many pics but I am unsure where to place them. I have a bad sickness with the feeling of bringing another truck home. I just love that feeling. The only thing I don't have is a Nash tow truck but I am looking for one now. Any tips would be great.
Thanks
Brad

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
Welcome Brad. I also love wreckers, and all old trucks. Especially COE's


Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end the faster it goes.




1949 Chevy 6400
1931 Chevy Firetruck




Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0