The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hanks custodian, Southerntruck), 78 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525518 04/07/2009 12:26 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
Looking to install the side motor mounts on the 350 small block i have in my 52. Where can i find a set? The LMC catalog only shows the small block mounts for a 54-59 and nobody their knows what they are talking about!!!! will they work or does anyone have a suggestion......

Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
Z
I've used something like THIS & they are cheap to buy..Joe

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
American Classic has the same thing, all the vendors do, it's a universal crossmember that the side mount bolts to, only way to put a V8 in an earlier truck, any year

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jacks1952: you may want to look at my photobucket pics to see how I put my engine in. I didn't want to use the crossmember.
I got mine from JimCarter during a trip up there and with stovebolt discount and no shipping I did alright on them!

The chassis mounts are actually from Chassis Engineering.
Just another option to explore. When I bought mine a year ago they were $85 but not sure now. Most stuff has went up!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
i got mine from chassis engineering also.not the cheapest way but a bolt in no brainer with good directions.they also have a bolt in trans mount that uses the original bolt holes.dont get much simpler than that.....................dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
David is right on both accounts. If you measure and put the side mounts "dead on" the rear cross member will be "dead on".
I also used there rear cross member and it bolts right in the same place as the old one. No adjustable ends to mess with!
It makes a "tidy" set up.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
How much did they run?

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
i just ordered and recieved today mounts for my 39 the kit was a univeral one "not a crossmember type" but its a trim to fit bolt in one the whole thing only ran me 60.00 got it from a companty named Chassis Engineering Inc. very happy with the looks of it and the installation "still have that to go but looks fairly easy and your bay isn't cluttered with crossmenbers you don't need
here is their site link / www.chassisengineeringinc.com


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jacks1952: I bought my side motor mounts little over a year ago. At that time they were $85 minus my Stovebolt discount at JCarters. The rear crossmember I traded out with a fellow bolter but I see them in several places from $49 to $69. Shop around!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0