The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#522367 03/29/2009 9:21 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Hello to all. My name is Jerad and I have a 1953 Deluxe 3100 that was givin to me by my wifes grandparents. I acquired this truck in September of 2008 and as of now is scattered throughout the garage. I am pretty much down to the frame and starting to clean and make a wish list. I'm sure you all will have a few questions thrown your way. My wife has been keeping a blog on the project and you can check it out at www.roadhoag.blogspot.com
I look forward to visiting with you all and would like say that this is awsome and I am impressed with the wealth of information on this site. Thanks

Last edited by J Lucas; 04/16/2009 4:03 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Looks like you got a good project going there, some good help too. Welcome to this site and feel free to fire the questions. I also am impressed with the wealth of info around here.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Hoag,a big welcome to the bolt. Do it Once, Do it Right.....and it looks like thats what your doing. Nice blog. Let us know what we can do ot help.

Also, don't forget the Annual Stovebolt REunion is in Kansas the first week of Sept. Come on out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome!

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Welcome, nice to document the rebuild!

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Welcome to a fellow Kansan . Hope to run into you down the dusty trail until then enjoy your project . ED H

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 467
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 467
Neat project...Better wear a mask when you are blasting! That sand is hard on the lungs.

Been there done that.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
welcome from another kansan, good luck and congrats on your gift
ed s.


ed s.

it's better to beg forgivness, than to ask permission.....
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks for all the welcomes. Going to Kansas City this weekend so hopefully I can check out classic truck parts and maybe bring something home for the ole girl.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 238
Hoag if you live near to the KC area you might want to join the Chevy/GMC truck club . Several of us are members and it's their event that we hold our Annual Stovebolt Reunion at every year - just a thought . ED H

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks DaOzTinman. I will check into that. I did not even know their was a club around K.C. area.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Welcome to the 'bolt cool

Isn't it something to know that there are a huge number of folks that are obsessive about old Chevy trucks and bunch of 'em are congregated here grin Glad to have you with us.

It's a joy to see the young helpers getting hooked on old iron too thumbs_up


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
Hoag, Mongo welcomes you!!
If your going to be in town next weekend, and it's not for the swap you should swing by.Shrine Swap
Should be a bunch of old truck parts, our club (the one Ed mentioned Genuine Chevy GMC Truck Club of KC) will have several spaces of members parts. Would be a good chance to get to know us and figure out if you want to join up. If you'd like feel free to give me a call on my cell 816-564-8453 when you get to the swap. Maybe we can talk trucks over a nice fat turkey leg...

Old vehicle Parts, Meat on the bone, good company, god bless America!!

Mongo


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks for the welcome Mongo. I will be at the swap, and I will try to look you up.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Welcome- If you ever have any questions just post- I am in Gardner if you need any assistance.




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
I'm another new guy from Kansas. I have a CNC sheet metal fabrication business that I run so that I can afford to play with my old GM toys. I joined this site because my latest venture includes converting a '39 GMC AC303 into a vintage wrecker. I have designed a bed and boom on my 3D cad system that looks like it was built 70 years ago.
This site seems to be a smorgasboard of information, and everyone seems to be helpful and friendly. Thanks. I was wondering if anyone might know where I can have modern 19.5" tubeless rims
retrofitted to my stock 5-hole wheel centers. I'm surely not the first guy who has tried to do it.
I'll post some photos as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site, you could say it's a smorgasbord here, but it is organized. Take the time to check out all the forums and see where you need to be. I am confident that you will be able to find what you need, even if it is old.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome Kardude67: sounds as though you have a plan. Some pics will be nice and good luck on the project.

I'm sorry I can't personally help you on your questions but I know there are some people who can. I would suggest posting this in the Engine/Driveline forum for more responses....


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Thanks for the heads-up. I need to spend a little time getting to know my way around this site.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0