| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 4 | Just getting started, would like to get some advice on where to find a good, inexpensive kit to replace my drum brakes | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 | I'm sure there are others that can tell you with more certainty, but it's my understanding that the set up from a 71-72 model with disc brakes is nearly a bolt in situation. Check out the search links and you'll find everything you need. More questions, just ask, This is the best place to find anything you need or want to know about your truck. Welcome to the site. Tramp | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | The '73-'87 brakes can be used, too. In either case, the balljoints have to be changed out to the later style. I beleive the outer tie rod ends have to be swapped as well.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 4 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 37 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 37 | I just finished a front disc brake swap today on my 65. I used a kit from CPP. I had heard a lot of questionable things about CPP but I went ahead and tried them and the swap was easy. You end up using all 73-87 parts except for your inner tie rod ends. The connectng sleeves with the kit allow you to connect a 65 inner to a 73-87 outer. I had to swap spindles and all. Everything came with the kit and went right together. Good luck with your project.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | I've read excellent things about the Early Classic Enterprises kits from guys who have actually installed theirs into '64-'66 trucks. They have all the pieces and it has been reported that their tech support is very knowledgeable and helpful as well. http://www.earlyclassic.comThey are not cheap, but I have not yet read about bad quality pieces from them. This is a thread you may find interesting: '60-'66 Disc Brake Conversions -W | | |
| |
| |