The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Millenimech, papas52), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#518661 03/19/2009 2:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Hello to all. i just wanted to say hey and see if anyone on this board was located in georgia. i am a student that is currently enrolled at the University of Alabama. i am picking up a 1953 chevy 3100 tomorrow. it has been in my family since new and my father is finally letting me attempt to restore it. this is my first restoration job but i have been around cars and fixing cars for a while now. i am really excited to get this project underway. I will post some pictures of my truck when i pick it up.

Last edited by J Lucas; 03/20/2009 5:36 AM.

1953 Chevy 3100(just started)
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iphone025.jpg
ROLL TIDE
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
haulinbass: Welcome to the Stovebolt. Nice to have you around the shop and just let us know what you need. Lots of knowledge and nice folks here.....and yeah, we like pictures smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
Haulinbass, Welcome to the Stovebolt, and good luck on
Your restoration on the 53...You can get a lot of good advice here
if You need it...Bill B.


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welome!

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Welcome, best of luck on your restoration!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Welcome haulinbass, There are a few 'bolters from your neck of the woods, most notably Lovett. grin
I'm sure you'll get to meet him,and others in good time.
Meantime ....enjoy the site.

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
Welcome Haulinbass,

Good to have you. I am in Powder Springs, about 20 miles west of Atlanta. I have had my '51 1/2 ton since November of '08. These trucks are a lot of fun to work on and drive. Let us know if we can help you out with info or pics.

Oh Yeah !.......and Roll Tide !

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 23
Welcome Haulinbass.
I have the same year/model truck as you with a similar story.
Looking forward to following your progress.


1953 Chevy 3100 Thriftmaster 3-Window
"Pride isn't in having. It's in taking care of what you have."
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
after a long day/night i am finally back back haulin' the truck back. Very interesting trip. I used my 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 to haul it back. I do wish i had something with a little more power though but it worked out great just very slow. the body of the truck was actually in a lot better condition than i had initially thought. i think that is mostly because it was under a carport. On the way to get the truck i actually saw a '53 chevy 3100 at a gas station and stopped to talk to the owner. very nice truck on a 74 camaro frame
Here are some pictures of my truck.
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iphone025.jpg
tell me what you think.


1953 Chevy 3100(just started)
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iphone025.jpg
ROLL TIDE
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Haulin' she doesn't look too shabby! It seems pretty straight!
You can see which side caught the weather grin
Even the back fenders look saveable.
I don't suppose you found out who the '53 driver was.... they might already be a member here!
Keep us posted of your progress, and don't forget...plenty of pix
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by jockbolter50
I don't suppose you found out who the '53 driver was.... they might already be a member here!
i am not sure who he was. i know he lived in the coosa/talledega county area in Alabama.
and i will be documenting the restoration process very thoroughly


1953 Chevy 3100(just started)
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iphone025.jpg
ROLL TIDE
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Welcome, that is a nice truck to start with.
Good luck on your restoration.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.......what do i think?.....I think you got yourself a diamond in the rough! I wish I could find one in that good of shape smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
I went to work on my truck today and when i pulled up i noticed a rock next to the cab that hadn't been there the last time i was working on it. Turns out someone decided to throw the rock at my truck not once or twice but as many as 8 times. They cracked the original vent glass that was in perfect condition, the passenger window, dented the door, dented the top of the door, dented the rain gutter, and dented the medal rain guard. Other than that i had a pretty good day of work. i cleaned up a fender took the wood out that was nailed on top of the original wood and cleaned up the glass. i posted new pictures so please tell me what you think.
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/haulinbass/


1953 Chevy 3100(just started)
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iphone025.jpg
ROLL TIDE
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
That is a beautiful Truck. What a nice fine. Good Luck!


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0