The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5169 04/16/2005 2:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Man, oh, man.... been having a problem with backfiring, etc.. discovered a broken exhaust manifold. Anyone know of a source where I can get one for my 235?? Couldn't find one in any of the catalogs that I have. Thanks.


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#5170 04/16/2005 2:25 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Larry,

Place a "Want Ad" in the Swap Meet on this site. You should get some replies pretty quickly.

Jim Carter Antique Truck Parts also sells used exhaust manifolds.

Tim

#5171 04/16/2005 2:43 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 64
Is that the combination intake/exhaust manifold rig?


Bodega Bob
http://www.submarinestore.com

Where's my tin foil hat?!?
#5172 04/16/2005 11:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
I didn't see one for a 235 in the Jim Carter catalog. Most catalogs only have manifolds for V8's. Weird that no one would carry anything for the popular 235 or 216 even!

Bob, the exhaust and intake bolt together... so all I need is the exhaust part.


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#5173 04/16/2005 2:05 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Larry,

Call Jim Carter. He sells used parts - intake/exhaust manifolds are listed in the "Used Parts" section of his catalog. You might have to buy an intake/exhaust combination.

Tim

#5174 04/16/2005 6:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
larry bear,in case i screwed up my emails i sent you. i have a manifold for just pay the shipping about 22.00 ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
#5175 04/17/2005 1:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 64
Looks like We b came to the rescue.

I had a buddy with one off a 216 sitting in his garage that he wanted to get rid of the last time I was over there. Not having the experience most of these guys have, I thought I'd ask if that was the right kind of rig or not.

Guess it doesn't matter now though wink


Bodega Bob
http://www.submarinestore.com

Where's my tin foil hat?!?
#5176 04/18/2005 9:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
I also have a complete intake/exhaust from a 235 and the same deal. Pay to ship and it's yours.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0