Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,589 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 | I'll give this another try before I order one. i'm thinking of ordering a polished billet wide spaced grille from Chevs of the 40's. I really looking for the absolute best quality grille I can find because it's somewhat prominent these trucks. does anybody have any feedback on Chevs of the 40's, or THE place to find the best grille out there. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Jeff, I can not say what or where today but I bought a stainless from I&I Reproductions back in 1999 and it has held up very well. I cannot speak of the quality today.....and I never did like I&I but this is one, of only 2 or 3, items I ever purchased from them. This is just as info. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | Jeff - Had a conversation with a fellow two days ago who bought a grille from I & I about a year ago. He bought a stainless steel grille and says it is as near to perfect as he could have hoped for. I'm not sure of this, but I think some of these reproduction parts are done by one of the vendors than the others buy from the vendor who makes the part. In other words, I think I & I is making the grilles and selling them to Jim Carter, Chev's of the 40's, The Filling Station, etc. at a discount so there is a profit in the part for the vendor. I could be wrong, but I don't see everyone of them making grilles. I would still buy from I & I. And I don't see some overseas factory making the grilles and selling them to the vendors.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ..........I hadn't looked but I bet they cost a lot more these days!! Ouch. ..........but hey, they'll cost even more next year!!
I'd check the prices of I&I vs JimCarter and then, if your a stovebolt contributor, buy from JimCarter and get the 10% discount and I'll bet you could save money on shipping since your in Pa. so that in the end you can save some $$. As I always tell my kids, do your homework, then put it in black and white and see what shows up!
Jeff, Let us know what you decide and regardless of where you get it let us know the quality. I know a guy who will be buying a 37 grille soon.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 | No problem. Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know what I find out. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 | I talked to I&I today. They say their grilles are made here, but I really didn't get a straight answer as to whether they make them right there. They said they did, but then said" as soon as we get them in they are gone, then we won't have more for months" Sounds to me like they come from somewhere else. fair price though(I thought) $550 for an original type replica in stainless. The kicker though is that it's a 3 month wait! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 355 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 355 | I&I umm any web address for them lol
1937 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Jeff, a friend just told me last night he found a new one for $325 but its a PAINTABLE grille. I believe he said it was from Bowtie Bits. Just FYI in helping a fellow bolter make a big $$$$ decision  EDIT: Daniel, try a google search on I&I Reproductions. You should get the hit. Its in California. This is an old phone # but I bet its still the same. 562-531-8117 Hope it helps. This is the link http://iandireproduction.com/
Last edited by Achipmunk; 03/18/2009 3:42 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 44 | I wanted to throw this back t the top cause I'm finally ready to order a grille and came up with another choice. Chevs of the 40's tells me their 3/8" spaced polished billet aluminum grille looks close to original and is made by Alumacraft in Pennsylvania. i did a search, but can't find any info or comments about them. 2 month wait, price $595. They say they are excellent quality. Anybody have any feedback. I'm down to them or I and I. [censored] Moffitt has been promising me one for about 4 months now, "call me next week" so I'm through with him...
Last edited by Jeff Bagley; 11/12/2009 4:22 AM.
| | |
| |