| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (mick53),
202
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,288 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 | Hello all,
I am rebuilding my 228 GMC and am planning on installing a more agressive cam. I have some reading and it suggests stiffer valve springs to prevent float. I was thinking of a cam with a 3/4 grind so that the duration is a bit longer and was wondering if this aggressive enough to warrant stiffer springs or will my stock spings do, proided they haven't sufferred fatigue?
Thanks, Elias
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | Ask the cam manufacturer for a recommendation. I used stock springs many years ago when I put in some wild cams and never had valves hang open, but I would certainly use new springs whether stock or stiffer. | | |
| |
| |