The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jon G), 136 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516120 03/12/2009 7:15 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 41
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 41
Hello all,

I am rebuilding my 228 GMC and am planning on installing a more agressive cam. I have some reading and it suggests stiffer valve springs to prevent float. I was thinking of a cam with a 3/4 grind so that the duration is a bit longer and was wondering if this aggressive enough to warrant stiffer springs or will my stock spings do, proided they haven't sufferred fatigue?

Thanks,
Elias


Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
Ask the cam manufacturer for a recommendation. I used stock springs many years ago when I put in some wild cams and never had valves hang open, but I would certainly use new springs whether stock or stiffer.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0