The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, NJC, fonz8261, MNSmith), 156 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,468
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Looking to find online:

The collar that fits around the exhaust pipe. This
collar matches up with the corresponding collar on
the exhaust mainfold. two bolts pass thru the collar
and thread into the one on the manifold securing the
exhaust pipe.

I had an a budget exhaust place put an exhaust on this
55, 235 truck engine about 10 years ago. They didn't have the right part so the put a larger one on..I want to add an old generator/power steering unit on and this part interferes with it...sure I could mangle to mqake it fit but I'd like to buy the right part.

Thanks,

Keitgh

Last edited by Slickriffs; 03/11/2009 11:52 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Your thinking of the pipe flange and I'd think any exhaust shop worthy of calling itself one would have a bucket full of them in all sizes.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Thanks Dave-Makes sense but the shop I went to
didn't have'm the day I went to have the exhaust
system done..of course you meant a respectable one....

You know I just recently dicovered who your
picture is of..Mark Twain right? Thought it
was you all this time..

Yes, I've been called a [censored] before.
No problem there!

Keith

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615

I remembered a manufacturer named Waldrons. They sell vintage style exhaust systems. The flange was shown in the kit but not listed seperately..I asked and the sold me just the flange.

Waldrons is worth remembering if you have an old stock exhaust system..it's all they make.

Keith

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Keith..Well it used to be Twain but somehow it went away and the site guru can't seem to figure out how to get it back. I'm ten thumbs on a computer so I have no idea what or how. My hair is still a little darker than Clement's was otherwise we're both old but I'm still vertical.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
if you look in the back of the walker cataloque (passenger car and light truck master cataloque) they do have a listing on all of those types of things
ron

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Yes I noticed now you're a box with a red X in it. I'd try reinstalling the pic from scratch. You must have done it the first time..If ya need help I'm computer capable and would be willing to give it a try..

Twain lived many places..including a small place about 10 mile from where I live..house is still standing. Out in the country.

Keith

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
padresag-

When in my early twenties and between opportunities I used to deliver car parts for a auto parts store..Walker was the name back then ,..quess it still is..

Thanks,

Keith

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
check with the folks at Kanter. They carry a lot of unique off the wall stuff.


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Looked up system for a 1950, 3600 and it's funny but Kanter lists one part number for 1929-1974 Chevrolet truck mild steel exhaust system $310. I can't believe that the exhaust were the same for all years.

Walker doesn't go back that far.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
the listings don't go back but if you look in their catalogue that I mentioned they do list quite a few items further back that I also stated - under accessories and they do show a picture and give measurements with a part nbr
ron

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
How about this one here

regards,
Leon

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
Here is the collar in Walker cat.

Sorry the link does not get you to the end of the cat. search. Follow 1950 Chevrolet 3/4 ton and you will find the flange. 31851 is the part number. I think this is the part you are looking for, as well as myself. I need one too.

By following the search for 54 1/2 ton I did not find the flange.

Last edited by Lonnie Gallaher; 03/14/2009 6:32 PM.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
guys I am not talking about the online cataloque but the paper one which is still avail. the online version does not seem to carry the accessories section such as ubends pipe and all the gskts, flanges and studs .
my printed cataloque which is 3 years old goes back to 1950 but a lot of the exh pipes are not avail, but listings for mufflers and clamps are.
the online cataloque is frustrating
ron

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
I noticed that my previous link didn't work. I was trying to point to the flanges sold by JC Whitney. I've used these before when the local muffler shop couldn't help me.

regards,
Leon

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Leon-Yup..I didn't look hard enough..I'm sure one of those would have done the job for 1/2 the price. I'll have to remember they sell less than they used to but Whitney is still alive. Man all the stuff they used to sell in the catalogs I got as a teenager.

Thanks,

Keith

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
I knew it was out there.$8.99

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Lonnie..good one! Another way to make the same part. This a stamped(formed) Sheet metal part as opposed to a simple blank-i.e. as if the part was made with a cookie cutter.

You've all been god sports- You looked hard and found it..

Thanks,

Keith

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Lonnie..good one! Another way to make the same part. This a stamped(formed) Sheet metal part as opposed to a simple blank-i.e. as if the part was made with a cookie cutter.

You've all been god sports- You looked hard and found it..

Thanks,

Keith


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0