The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#512442 03/03/2009 3:33 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
I have a 70 GMC Custom and have enjoyed owning it for 39 years. We got old together, it has very little rust but unfortunately Idaho is using some salt these days and it has started. My question is regarding my dashboard lights. They are a different looking animal and have slowly failed over the years and a few days ago the entire dashboard light group quit working. Any advice anyone could share on replacement parts, what to expect etc would be greatly appreciated.
W.R."heavy" Macfarlane

Last edited by J Lucas; 03/04/2009 7:22 AM.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
First of all welcome to Stovebolt! If you go back to Forums, and than go to The Electrical Bay they will be able to help you with your dash board. Good Luck!

Joy #512649 03/03/2009 5:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47
Welcome to the bolt Bill sure like to see some pictures of your truck. Dash bulbs are available at your local auto parts store some times you can get to them with out removing the cluster. I think the number of the bulb is a 194 or pc194 with the plastic holder. PS i also have a truck of this style.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome. That problem could be several things. I'd definitely try a few bulbs and I'd also make sure all grounds are good. That weather may be taking a toll on the connections.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Achipmunk #512961 03/04/2009 1:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Welcome to the Stovebolt, Bill. Achipmunk is right, many times it's just a simple loss of a ground wire.


Terry K.

1951 5 window 1/2 ton

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

27Capitol #514954 03/09/2009 4:12 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 66
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 66
I had the same thing happen on my truck. It's a 70' GMC Custom Camper Special. The light switch in the dash was hanging down towards the floor. With the lights on I tried moving the plastic connector around untill it worked, with it hanging I've had to do this often. But new bulbs would help too.


"So this year, I am upgraging my policy of zero tolerance to one of SUB-zero tolerance, which is MORE than zero." -Principal Jindraike
Reedster #515272 03/10/2009 2:30 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 66
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 66
Oops. forgot to give Achipmunck credit. Sorry.


"So this year, I am upgraging my policy of zero tolerance to one of SUB-zero tolerance, which is MORE than zero." -Principal Jindraike

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0