The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Barry Martak, Rusted Nut, 68ironhead), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 9
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Got a 1949 Chevy 3600 that has been sitting in a field for about 10 years or so. doesn't have the original engine, has some mystery GM straight six. The casting numbers don't seem to match up with any thing I can find I'll try and post it up later with some pics. looking forward to talking with some other people that are familiar with the vintage and can tell me a thing or two

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/21/2009 8:45 PM.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi jbettin, Welcome!

You've come to the right place, I'm sure someone here will be able to solve the "Mystery Engine"

I look forward to seeing the pix

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
jbetttin, a big welcome to the PREMIERE truck site for old chevy iron. Glad to have you around. I'm not hip on the numbers thing but some nice guys around the garage here are pretty good at it. Maybe one will chip in here shortly. If not, post it in the General Truck Forum and it will get more attention.
Good luck and as as Jockbolter says.....looking forwards to pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Welcome to the Stovebolt, jbettin! wave Where about in Nebraska are you located?


Terry K.

1951 5 window 1/2 ton

The only way to have a friend is to be one.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Welcome to the 'bolt, jbettin cool

Looking forward to hearing more about your project & of course, the pix wave


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Welcome!


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Nice to have another 1949 Chevy 3600 with a a non original straight 6 in it. I am just across the border to the south- Happy to help any time. You will love this site.




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0