The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
before i get into topic my head is still spinning from the quick and valid info response. who has any info on F.I. and H.E.I. FOR 235? fabrication is not a problem.anyone got pic's of such a conversion. someone has to of attempted such a thing because we all get tired of leaky,dried out carburator gaskets or that stuck float.i realize that simple is great(carb)but call me crazy since putting 80,000+ miles on my 4.0 f.i. 98' grand cherokee it's convinced me f.i. would be nice on my 52 3100 panel.thanks again for any and all response.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
I'm sure an easy bolt on throttle body fuel injected "carb" kit could be made to fit on the stock intake manifold with minimum hassle. All you would need would be a timing input, water temp input, air flow input, and throttle postion input.
I owned a 91 Geo Metro once and this car had the simplest one barrel throttle body injection system on it. In the 200K miles I put on this car, I never had a problem with the fuel system or any sensors.
If a big company like Holley was shown enough interest, maybe something could happen.....

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,817
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,817
Holley markets a throttle-body injection system called Pro-Jection. It's pretty pricey, and performs best at full throttle. I'd be prone to think it would be simpler to grab a GM wiring diagram, and work on adapting a throttle body injection system from a 2.8 or a 4.3 Liter V-6 to a stovebolt engine. A few sensors and some wiring, and it wouldn't be too difficult to set up. The HEI distributor from the V-6 would need to be adapted to the inline engine to trigger the injection pulses for the computer.

Edit: Here's a tech article on installing a ProJection unit on a Jeep I-6, and it seems they're pretty pleased with it.

http://www.4x4review.com/products/electrical/holley-projection.asp

Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
www.diy-efi.com - GM-ECM section. Build your own system from the boneyard - stay all GM! grin


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
Fuel injection is nice on new cars because the carbs were getting way to complex. I don't see a need for FI on an old truck. When I bought my 04, Harley, Superglide, I INSISTED on a carb. Unfortunately the new Superglides are ALL FI.

I like simple things that work well and I like having control over my cold fuel mixture with the choke. Part of the fun of having an old truck is using the choke.


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,817
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,817
Yep, and we need to arm our troops with bows and arrows, instead of those newfangled 'flintlocks"! There's something to be said for new technology, especially with gas at $2.50 a gallon!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 44
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 44
You can buy a new HEI for the stovebolt 6 for around $150. They even have a special round coil to appease the purists amoung us.
Check with Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Co.


41 Chev 2dr coupe
51 3100 w/a 261
11 Camaro RS ragtop
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 221
V
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 221
I saw an article in a mag. a few years ago where a guy put a T.B.I. unit from a 3.8 buick V6 on a 235 but dont recall the details

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
that would be a good choice since the buick is a 231.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
GMCpanel, it seems the site you linked to is no longer in business. It now links to a worthless search engine.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
Whoops! www.diy-efi.org

My bad...


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
I'm just going to try and revitalize this topic. Has anyone here done this? I had a conversation with my cousin today. He just coverted his old MG to F.I. Used "megasquirt". He said it was relatively easy and cheap. He spent just over $800.00 and has the tools and skills to build custom intake manifolds. I'm building a 261 stroker and am stongly considering this.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0