The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Rusted Nut, Lightholder's Dad, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, Buckeye998, 1 invisible), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,393
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48146 07/25/2005 1:11 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 30
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 30
I am in the process of gathering the parts to redo an early 55 p/u. This will be a daily driver and I want to upgrade to ifs, auto, V8. Have looked at many MustII setups and there are only a few that look like they will hold up. These are the ones that have the xmember and the spring hat solidly connected to each other and the frame. Thought I had my mind made up until today when I saw a kit from Flat Out Engineering to upgrade to corvette ifs and irs. Can't find out anything about these folks other than a few conversions done by magazines on the web.Looking for comments on Flat Out before I call. Anybody??

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
wink
My opinion - I would go with the Mustang II. Everyone I've seen installed has come out beautiful!
Anything Corvette spells $$$$$$$$$$ to me! eek

Joe


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 30
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 30
I can buy the front and rear components of the vette for $1350 complete, less the install kit. The MustII pieces I was considering was around $2500 hub to hub for just the front end. So, if I wind up with $3000 in the front and rear and it's vette, I would think I would be better off(especially if it sells down the road). I'm just curious if anyone has ever seen or had dealings with the Flat Out Engineering kit.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0