The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, jmoore, ronsway, tclederman, 1955 1 Series), 147 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,085
Posts1,056,329
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470588 11/12/2008 4:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Hey all,

So, the article on Jake's accident has me wanting to get the emergency brake fixed on my 1950 1.5 ton ...

The current situation is that one of the rear cables has been cut, and the other is likely stuck. I see cables for the little trucks, but not for big bolts.

What have you guys used to replace these cables with?

-Dan

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
try NAPA.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
I had trouble finding the right cables as well. I finally got some from KANTER Auto. I think they are in the links. Take the one you have off and send it to them and they will make you a pair.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
I got the e brake cables for my 38 1.5 from antique auto supply out of texas. they had them on the shelf reproduction.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0