| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (frogfarmer),
116
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,268 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 87 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 87 | ever turn signal that you can buy after market I don't like they look cheesy. I was wondering if you can adapt the parts from a 54 signal switch to my 53 or do I need to get the whole column? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Yes you can adapt the latter turnswitch to your truck. There is a set screw under neath it that loosen it up. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | If I'm not mistaken, the turn signal assembly is the same up to '59.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 | Ya know you have the most reliable turn indicator attached to your left shoulder. It never fails to work and is user friendly.
I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson" | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 87 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 87 | I thought in one of the catalogs you could buy everything for the 54 turn signals the cup everything sits in, the lever, the switch itself, and the cancellation thing-a-ma-bob. But I can't find the cup. I see everything else | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 | caroline broke the handle off the original one we got w/ the truck here is my ebay buy and she works just fine. I drilled a hole & tapped it to hold the assy to the column. http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/1951otter/?action=view¤t=20.jpg
Last edited by carolines truck; 11/07/2008 4:04 PM.
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Just so ya know, you cant use a '54 or later switch on the column without using the steering wheel as well. Well you probably could, but it would look ugly.
The '54 and laters had a cup portion that all the turn signal gizmos sit in and that mates or matches up with the back side of the steering wheel. I wanted to use one out of a '56 (which is the same) and it wouldnt mate up with the back side of the steering wheel. There would have been a rather large, ugly gap.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | | | |
| |
| |