| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Shade Baby),
152
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,214 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 | Hello All,
I have been working on my 1954 Chevy 2ton truck's brake system lately and am wondering if there is a source for brake drums. I'm not sure just yet if I will need them, but the trcuk is 60+ years old and odds are I will. I have found a lot of parts from NAPA, but I dont think they will have them.
Is this something that is only gotten from donor trucks at this point? I'm inclined to think that there must be some interchangeable parts from newer big trucks that could work.
Thanks in advance!! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 19 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 19 | I have a 53 2 ton that I am junking out if they're the same. I could sell you the brake drums. dlhenk 785-738-8714 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Why do you think they are bad?
Ive been through quite a few of the large truck rearends lately and I havent seen any yet that I would deem unsafe or unsound.
Bring them in and have them turned if they need it. Theyll be able to tell you if they cant be turned. | | |
| |
| |