The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Jon G, Gdads51, dt235sd), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,306
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#454360 09/20/2008 5:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
hey guys, got my bench seat back today. i like it a lot.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01689.jpg

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01694.jpg

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01693.jpg

the guy talked me into letting him stitch the pleats into the material, instaed of getting the boat type stuff, and also keeping the center section smooth, and he put a cardboard backing in back with material covering it.

overall, i am very happy.

with the new padding it sure feels nice, but was use to the old thin worn out stuff,a nd now it feels as if i am setting higher and closer to the steering wheel... i will get use to it.

gonna hopefully finish up the tank shefl tomorrow, and will post pics when that project is done.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 79
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 79
RRK, you are always up to something good.
Nice seats. Dang, I'm envious of your truck.

Bluedawg


Bluedawg

God fearing, Gun toting, Constitution loving extremist.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
thanks bluedawg..

hows your truck coming ?

i have always loved the style of that era.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 14
They did an awsome job with that seat. That right there should be proof that you get what you pay for.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
true jayson.. and thanks..

450 dollars was a really fair price i think, especially for the quality that he did.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
That looks real professional... I like!


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Beautiful! I've been pondering if and when I have my "new old seats" redone if I'll have them rolled and pleated (tucked-whatever) as they sure look nice. There are some things about my truck that are not strictly stock, although I have went to great lengths to make most of it appear that way. The seat done nicely like yours would certainly be a distraction from the stock look but sure do look comfortable. Since I'm more far more interested in driving than showing the idea of doing something like you did certainly holds some appeal.

Again, very nice workmanship and beautiful truck.

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
thanks don..

me and my father took a 40 mile ride this morning, and the seat feels like new, with the new padding.
before i took it in, it was origianl 50 year padding, with just a newer cover. and man, what a difference it is now.

thanks again...

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
What did you use as padding? Mine have horsehair and burlap. I was giving consideration to using a 3" layer of memory foam as I'm not well padded on the bottom myself. I suppose things could be worse!

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Leonard,
Awesome!...you got a good deal and a very profesional job from what I see!
Congrats, an I bet your but loves ya too!
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
Very Nice thumbs_up


Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end the faster it goes.




1949 Chevy 6400
1931 Chevy Firetruck



Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
down2sea, im not sure what he used for padding. but it feels great.

tim,SW-Radial, yea, my butt loves the new seat. LOL.

now i gotta put some miles on it before i tackle the bed wood. and possibly a sheet metal bed cover, etc, etc, etc. LOL.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Originally Posted by RATRODKING
down2sea, im not sure what he used for padding. but it feels great.

tim,SW-Radial, yea, my butt loves the new seat. LOL.

now i gotta put some miles on it before i tackle the bed wood. and possibly a sheet metal bed cover, etc, etc, etc. LOL.

leonard

At least the your rear end will be comfortable as you tackle the rest of the truck!


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Real nice!! thumbs_up


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 26
C
ccb Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 26
that is a beautiful truck. what color is it. i an restoring a 54 3100
Originally Posted by RATRODKING
hey guys, got my bench seat back today. i like it a lot. ccb

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01689.jpg

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01694.jpg

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view&current=DSC01693.jpg

the guy talked me into letting him stitch the pleats into the material, instaed of getting the boat type stuff, and also keeping the center section smooth, and he put a cardboard backing in back with material covering it.

overall, i am very happy.

with the new padding it sure feels nice, but was use to the old thin worn out stuff,a nd now it feels as if i am setting higher and closer to the steering wheel... i will get use to it.

gonna hopefully finish up the tank shefl tomorrow, and will post pics when that project is done.

leonard

ccb #465504 10/28/2008 12:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
[quote=ccb]that is a beautiful truck. what color is it. i an restoring a 54 3100



ccb, not really sure what color it is. people have told me it is an original color.

good luck with your 54.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
2
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
Just recovered the seat in my 55. The burlap on top of the springs was bad so I hog ringed some carpet over the springs and made a new form pad out of 2 inch high denisty foam. Made a 50's looking cover for it. It would match you truck really well it about the same color. Wish I could post a picture of it.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
cool 28chevys.
if you get a pic, please post.

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
2
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
I have some pictures of it but not any online picture sights to post at. Those picture sights are hard for me to figure out. Could E-mail you some. I do know how to do that.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0