Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,325 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | hey guys, got my bench seat back today. i like it a lot. http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view¤t=DSC01689.jpghttp://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view¤t=DSC01694.jpghttp://s251.photobucket.com/albums/...00/?action=view¤t=DSC01693.jpgthe guy talked me into letting him stitch the pleats into the material, instaed of getting the boat type stuff, and also keeping the center section smooth, and he put a cardboard backing in back with material covering it. overall, i am very happy. with the new padding it sure feels nice, but was use to the old thin worn out stuff,a nd now it feels as if i am setting higher and closer to the steering wheel... i will get use to it. gonna hopefully finish up the tank shefl tomorrow, and will post pics when that project is done. leonard | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 79 | RRK, you are always up to something good. Nice seats. Dang, I'm envious of your truck.
Bluedawg
Bluedawg
God fearing, Gun toting, Constitution loving extremist.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | thanks bluedawg..
hows your truck coming ?
i have always loved the style of that era.
leonard | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 14 | They did an awsome job with that seat. That right there should be proof that you get what you pay for. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | true jayson.. and thanks..
450 dollars was a really fair price i think, especially for the quality that he did.
leonard | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | That looks real professional... I like! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | Beautiful! I've been pondering if and when I have my "new old seats" redone if I'll have them rolled and pleated (tucked-whatever) as they sure look nice. There are some things about my truck that are not strictly stock, although I have went to great lengths to make most of it appear that way. The seat done nicely like yours would certainly be a distraction from the stock look but sure do look comfortable. Since I'm more far more interested in driving than showing the idea of doing something like you did certainly holds some appeal.
Again, very nice workmanship and beautiful truck.
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | thanks don..
me and my father took a 40 mile ride this morning, and the seat feels like new, with the new padding. before i took it in, it was origianl 50 year padding, with just a newer cover. and man, what a difference it is now.
thanks again...
leonard | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | What did you use as padding? Mine have horsehair and burlap. I was giving consideration to using a 3" layer of memory foam as I'm not well padded on the bottom myself. I suppose things could be worse!
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | Leonard, Awesome!...you got a good deal and a very profesional job from what I see! Congrats, an I bet your but loves ya too! Tim | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Very Nice  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | down2sea, im not sure what he used for padding. but it feels great.
tim,SW-Radial, yea, my butt loves the new seat. LOL.
now i gotta put some miles on it before i tackle the bed wood. and possibly a sheet metal bed cover, etc, etc, etc. LOL.
leonard | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | down2sea, im not sure what he used for padding. but it feels great.
tim,SW-Radial, yea, my butt loves the new seat. LOL.
now i gotta put some miles on it before i tackle the bed wood. and possibly a sheet metal bed cover, etc, etc, etc. LOL.
leonard At least the your rear end will be comfortable as you tackle the rest of the truck! My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 382 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 382 | Real nice!!  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 26 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 26 | that is a beautiful truck. what color is it. i an restoring a 54 3100 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | [quote=ccb]that is a beautiful truck. what color is it. i an restoring a 54 3100
ccb, not really sure what color it is. people have told me it is an original color.
good luck with your 54.
leonard | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 60 | Just recovered the seat in my 55. The burlap on top of the springs was bad so I hog ringed some carpet over the springs and made a new form pad out of 2 inch high denisty foam. Made a 50's looking cover for it. It would match you truck really well it about the same color. Wish I could post a picture of it. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | cool 28chevys. if you get a pic, please post.
leonard | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 60 | I have some pictures of it but not any online picture sights to post at. Those picture sights are hard for me to figure out. Could E-mail you some. I do know how to do that. | | |
| |