| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,377 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 | The rear control arms on my 66 C10 are rusted bad and bending. I was wondering what years are interchangeable with 66... can a 72 or 80 rear control arm fit my 66? Any help here would be appreciated. I know I can buy the after market ones but they are a little over my budget.
Sandy | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | The LMC truck parts catalog lists the same part number for 1960 through 1972. Scott | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 | You should be able to get a pair fairly cheap at a wrecking yard. You can reinforce them as I did mine by laying a strip of 10ga. on the top and bottom and stitch weld them after they have been blasted with sand. I blasted the arms and Metal Preped with #79 prep. then paint them or you could have them powder coated or spray on some under coating as it is all up to you on what you are going to do with the truck. I would also put in new bushings and new bolts, lock washers and nuts. 62Blue Don
62Blue 62Chevy in progress You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 | Good Idea thanks for the tip! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 34 | Good suggestion but mine are rusted through and bent beyond what ever the right angel was /is I'm sure it will be hand to find a pair that are not in need of what you recommend. Thnaks! | | |
| |
| |