| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,298 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 11 | I'm looking for a good media blaster in N.Illinois. I need to get my 51 cab done, inside and out. Any suggestions on a skilled shop and what a fair price would be? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | Just a thought, go check out your local ..cemetary monument place ..mine at least does vehicle part blastin to offset the times that folks dont die...well anyway they do great work. Tim | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | You should also check out the local powdercoating businesses. They do a lot of blasting as well.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I noticed no one gave you a price estimate. The monument place here in Spartanburg charges $100 an hour including the sand. The guy there has been doing this for about 20 years and knows how to do it right. They have a BIG air supply and nozzle and can get a lot done in an hour and your all set to go to work!
If you have ANY rust what so ever you would not want to use plastic media but just in case anyone is wondering the price here is $85 and hour PLUS the blasting material. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 11 | Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to hold off on the blasting for now and repair as much metal as possible first, then get it blasted. I was going to blast first so I could see how much damage there was, but I think I'll be dealing with too much surface rust while repairing the patches...I'm short on cash and time. | | |
| |
| |