The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (UtahYork, Mr Crosswrench, RLB, klhansen, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
I am in the proccess of swapping engines on my '46 Chevy COE. I have pulled the bell housing off the eingine I pulled out and as I am cleaning it up I see the "mounting" design is a little different then what I have seen before. It almost has kind of a torsion type setup.

It looks like on the side of the bell housing there is a rubber washer, a cast iron piece that has the treaded hole in the bottom to accept the bolt, another rubber washer, a steel washer and then a bolt that goes through it all.

Has anyone seen this type of bell houseing mount before? Where would you get new rubber washers or bushing to install?
Thanks,
Chevman

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
I imagine youll either have to fab your own pieces or make do with what you have. Unless you can find an NOS supplier who still has that stuff on the shelf???

Mine has these bellhousing mounts which attach to a steel block surrounded by rubber (square in shape) and have bolts which both go from top and bottom into a threaded portion of the block. There are also 2 steel squares, 1/2" thick-ish, which sit in there somewhere to.

Both sides are different on mine and it tilts the engine an inch or so, to the passenger side. Dont know if thats how a Chevy is setup?

You can almost see what I mean about the tilt in this pic here.

Dont know if that helps or confuses you more! grin

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. The mounts that you show are very similar to two other bell housing's that I have. But this setup is one that I have never seen before. I will have to get a couple of pictures and get them posted in the next day or so.

I think you are probably correct that I will have to fabricate something new for this replacement.

Thanks,
Chevman

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
Here is a link to pictures of these round motor mounts.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/567671457hcTiFH?vhost=rides
After inspecting the rubber donuts they didn't look too bad so I am reusing them at this point.

Chevman

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Okay you got me! Those are a little bizarre...

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0